WordPress setup steps:
- Install wordpress
- Update wordpress and plugins
- Install BackupGuardPro
- Install Genesis framework
- Install Genesis child theme
- Create Home page
- Create Posts page
- Setup homepage settings (in Customize). Assign homepage to “Home” and Posts page to “Posts”
- Create new menu = Primary Navigation
- Set the menu Display location to: Header Menu
- Import Demo content
- Use Tools/Import -> WordPress importer
- Sometimes this involves manually inputting markup into widgets
Genesis Atmosphere Pro Notes
These couple of links totally saved my butt over the weekend. I’ll write more on how later.
Composer is a dependency manager for PHP. Composer will manage the dependencies you require on a project by project basis. This means that Composer will pull in all the required libraries, dependencies and manage them all in one place.
The series of commands below will remove all of the items from the Git Index (not from the working directory or local repo), and then updates the Git Index, while respecting git ignores.
Version control isn’t just for developers. Front-end designers and even content writers can use services such as Git to manage revisions and work better as teams. But don’t be intimidated. I’ve got you covered with a comprehensive list of git commands.
Here are some of my favorite wordpress plugings that I use on most projects: